Last Updated: December 13, 2018
ERIC HUFFBIND, Gay Romance Novelist is a United States Sole Proprietor subject to the laws of the United States. The United States may not offer a level of privacy protection equal to that offered in other jurisdictions. Our servers are located in the United States, and your data may be transferred to, stored, or processed in the United States. By using our service, you understand and consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your data to our facilities in the United States and those third parties we share your data with as described in this Policy and our Terms of Service Agreement.
- Personal Data: any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- You: a ERIC HUFFBIND, Gay Romance Novelist customer or other person or entity who visits our site.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU: ERIC HUFFBIND, Gay Romance Novelist may collect two kinds of information about you: (a) Personal Data; and (b) Non-Personal Data.
Personal Data. Personal Data we may collect includes name, email address, and IP address. You may decline to provide Personal Data to ERIC HUFFBIND, Gay Romance Novelist. However, some of the Personal Data we ask you to provide is mandatory for a service, such as a free download of the author’s book. If you decline to provide it, we may not be able to provide that service to you.
Non-Personal Data. Non-Personal Data is any information not relating to an identifiable person. Non-Personal Data we may collect includes device type, device manufacturer and model, type of browser or operating system, dates and times of use, and screen resolution. We may also track the book pages you visit while on the site.
Personal Data. We may use your Personal Data to provide the Services; verify your identity and the information you provide; customize your experience; and provide customer service via email if requested.
Non-Personal Data. We may use your Non-Personal Data for any purpose, including, but not limited to, providing customer service via email if requested.
Personal Data. We may disclose, and you consent to our disclosing of, your Personal Data to: Service Providers who help with our business operations and assist in the delivery of our Services including, but not limited to, email delivery services, payment processing, and enforcement of our Terms of Service Agreement and other agreements; Persons or entities with whom you consent to have your Personal Data shared (Example: the author of the book you downloaded); Third parties as we believe necessary or appropriate, in any manner permitted under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence to: comply with legal process; respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; enforce our Terms of Service Agreement and other agreements; protect our operations; protect our rights, privacy, safety or property; and allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
HOW WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION: We will never sell, rent, or lease your Personal Data to a third party.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Non-Personal Data. We may disclose Non-Personal Data for any purpose. Remember, Non-Personal Data cannot be used to identify you or another person.
- ADVERTISING: ERIC HUFFBIND, Gay Romance Novelist does use your personal data for email marketing purposes only. Your personal data will not be sold or shared with any person or entity.
- USERS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE: Our Services are not directed to and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 18. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Data, we will take steps to remove such data. If you become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. By using the Services, you are representing to us that you are not under the age of 18.
- PRIVACY RIGHTS NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: The State of California enacted the Shine the Light law (California Civil Code Section 1798.83) that permits users who are California residents to request certain information regarding the disclosure of certain “personal information” during the past year for marketing purposes. Eric Huffbind, Gay Romance Novelist never has or will release personal information.
- DATA SECURITY: We employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect your information; however, no system is impenetrable. If you create an account on the Services, you are responsible for protecting the security of your account, its content, and all activities that occur under the account. You must immediately notify ERIC HUFFBIND, Gay Romance Novelist of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security by emailing us at email@example.com.
- COOKIES: are small pieces of data, stored in text files, that are stored on your computer or other device when websites are loaded in a browser. They are widely used to “remember” you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a “session cookie”) or for multiple repeat visits (using a “persistent cookie”). They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for visitors, and perform essential functions such as allowing users to register and remain logged in. Cookies may be set by the site that you are visiting (known as “first party cookies”), or by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on the website (“third party cookies”). Both websites and HTML emails may also contain other tracking technologies such as “web beacons” or “pixels.” These are typically small transparent images that provide us with statistics, for similar purposes as cookies. They are often used in conjunction with cookies, though they are not stored on your computer in the same way. As a result, if you disable cookies, web beacons may still load, but their functionality will be restricted.